The University of California IT Center of Excellence (COE) Procurement Services is pleased to announce an amendment to the existing UC AWS agreement that results in the waiver of all AWS Data Egress Fees for UC AWS accounts within the following parameters:
- Applies to fees for transfer of data from AWS to the Internet, and not fees for transfer of data within or between AWS services
- Applies to all UC AWS accounts covered under the UC-wide AWS Agreement, except those accounts used for:
- Commercial Web Hosting
- Media Streaming
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- To be eligible, 80%+ of data egress under the account must be via an approved National Research and Education Network (NREN). This includes CENIC and Internet2, so normal UC usage meets this requirement.
- The total Data Egress Fee waiver per account will not exceed 15% of the total monthly fees for all AWS services under that accout.
These benefits were achieved through a strong partnership with UCSD’s Information Technology Services and Procurement Services.